Fall in Love with Fall Food Finds!
Our fall harvest has included some lovely Delicata Squash.
What better way to enjoy seasonal squashes than with some Simmering Squash Soup!
Delicata Squash Soup with Crunchy Garlic Chickpea 'Croutons'
· 1-2 Delicata squash
· Olive oil for drizzle
· 4 cups broth
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 yellow onion
· 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
· sea salt to taste
· black pepper to taste
· 1 yellow onion
· 1 can chickpeas
· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees
· Line pan with parchment paper
· Cut squash in half (long), spoon out seeds
· Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper
· Place on parchment paper to roast in oven, cut sides up
· Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes, set aside to cool on a separate plate/pan
· Slice into adorable half-moon shapes
· Rinse and pat dry chickpeas.
In a bowl, toss with olive oil drizzle, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne until evenly coated
Place on parchment paper (formerly used for roasting the squash) and Roast for 20-25 minutes.
In a soup pot, heat oil and add onions, with pinch of salt. Cook until soft, approximately 8-10 minutes.
Add minced garlic, and roasted squash (skin and all!). Stir often (5-7 minutes more).
Add broth and slow simmer another 10-12 minutes.
Add to blender, puree in batches if needed. Return to pot and ladle into your bowls
Top with crunchy chickpea croutons for some unique yumminess!
Eager for more? Want to cook and eat and share your recipes with the community with us? Text 732.500.4949 for more information. Full shares $67 Half Shares $39 We run all year. Also ask to join our Facebook Group 'Organic Fruit and Veggie Co Op Monmouth County NJ' to join our culinary clan.