The radish ... such an acquired taste. You either love them, or hate them.
Certainly in a popularity contest with a potato, the tuber would win by a landslide!
Here at Monmouth Organic Co-op we created our own little delicacy, the potadish! Here's a recipe to tantalize your taste buds:
· 3/4 cup grated radish
· 3/4 cup grated potato
· 2 teaspoons salt
· 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1/2 onion, chopped
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
· 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce OR 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· olive oil
· Combine granted radish and grated potato in a mixing bowl, mix well
· Sprinkle with salt
· Refrigerate for 30 minutes
· Drain any moisture in bowl, dab with paper towel to dry
· Stir in garlic, onion, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning and hot sauce/cayenne
· Mix well, form into 8 patties
· Add olive oil to a large skillet and fry patties, 4-5 minutes on each side
· Add olive oil to a baking sheet and bake patties at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
· Drain on paper towels
Enjoy! Can be eaten plain or with sauce of your choice.
Spoiler alert - if you ROAST radishes they take on a bit of a potato feel and taste.
Looking to revisit your 2023 resolutions regarding health and wellness?
Ask to join our Facebook Group 'Organic Fruit and Veggie Co-Op Monmouth County NJ' for ongoing updates and delivery info, we run all year!
Text 732.500.4949 for more information on how to join us as well. Pick up in Lincroft. Your body will thank you.